Monday, September 14, 2009

Up to date :-)

Ok so I am really bad at this posting thing but maybe as I start to have some sort of schedule I will get better. Lots of things have been going on around here lately.

The weekend before last, Labor Day weekend, Mike had Monday and Tuesday off so we went to Colorado. The trip started off a little rough, Mike only got one hour of sleep before we started the 14 hour drive Saturday morning at 5. We made it in one piece though, with us trading driving a few times. Lillian was good in the car, I sat in the back with her most of the time and nursed her when necessary. We hung around Colorado Springs on Sunday, Mike's old stomping ground and had dinner at my once favorite restaurant, Rock Bottom, with Mike's parents. We had a really good time with Lilly just being a "family." Monday was our anniversary. We went out to breakfast, then headed to Denver to Ft Logan where Mike's Grandparents are buried. (Mike was deployed when both of them passed and so he wanted to say goodbye.) Once finished there, we went to my favorite store ever, Sundance. I have several things from this store but have only purchased online as there are only two stores in the country. I was not expecting to get anything but Mike surprised me and bought me a ring and a bracelet, as well as a sweater and a new skirt. The skirt wasn't really part of my gift but something Mike deemed necessary as I have another white skirt that is almost threadbare and Mike realized that the only way I was going to stop wearing it was to get a new one. Lucky me. We got back without a hitch, though Mike and I have both gotten sick since then.
I think that brings us up to now. I have been busy getting the house organized after being sick for a few days. Lillian is now a month old and I can hardly believe it. Some days it feels like it's flown by but at the same time, like she's always been around. She continues to be a great baby and is starting to get a routine. Sleeping for about 4 hours at a time during the day, allowing me to accomplish lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment