Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Floors!

We have wanted wood floors (well laminate really) since we moved in here a year ago. Yes I know people ask about why we are redoing the floor when it's only a year old. So besides the fact that we really dislike carpet here's why: Take two adults, a baby, a dog and a cat and a very wet, snowy muddy year add that to basically living in one room of this house plus the fact that the carpet is white and you get...dirty stained icky looking carpet. Circumstances were such that we had the cash to buy the flooring and I'm blessed with  a very very handy husband. (thanks to my in-laws for that) Now I have very baby/animal (mess) friendly floors.
Lilly is having a great time pushing things around and I'm loving the easy clean up and how much "glowier" (thanks Audrey) my house looks. Pure happiness!

The beginning...

I should have take pictures of all the stains but oh well. The other problem is that when you come in the garage door there is no place to remove shoes so you walk from there which is to the right in this photo across the carpet to the front door right before the hall way. I don't think you need to know how stained the floor was right there. Ick!

Boring beige, beige and more beige. Really my couches are green but you can't tell here.

Lilly loves to climb.

Pulling up tack strips, I got to pull lots of staples. 

Looks like a very serious conversation going on here. 

Hard at work

Ta da! Isn't it lovely? Working on putting the trim up today. 

So so so much better. Thanks to my husband for all his hard work!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have certainly increased the value and quality of your house! It is beautiful...how exciting!
    Love, your handy husband's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVELY! it makes your house look sooooooo good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete