Monday, November 16, 2009

An update on Lillian

Little Miss Lillian has developed quite the personality over the past several weeks. She seems to be happy most of the time, though you never know when the "unhappiness" will hit. One minute she's fine the next she's screaming due to hunger or tiredness. She loves to smile and will smile at anyone, yes anyone if they only make eye contact and a smile at her they will receive a smile from Lilly. Not just a little one either, a very wide toothless grin that seems to take over her entire face, and makes anyone who sees her smile. It has gotten chilly here in Vegas so she dons a hat 95% of the time. I have made her two, her purple daisy hat (that people seem to think is a grape or an eggplant, come on people there are white petals on top and a green stem) and her hat that I fondly refer to as the "stripey one" she looks precious in them. Cuter with them than without considering she's lost almost all of her hair. She giggles and coos almost not stop now. Developed a new sound today. (a genius child I know) She holds herself up very well and I bought her a used walker the other day, she LOVES it. If she sits crooked in it she can touch the floor with one foot and manages to push herself across the floor. She's getting stronger every day and I am ready for her to sit up on her own. She rolled over three consecutive times the other day but has yet to do it again. I think maybe it was a fluke.
I really do like being a mother. My days are filled with dirty diapers and more housework than I can usually keep up with but I love it. The smiles and grins from my little girl make every minute worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment