Friday, November 18, 2011

That fluffy white stuff.

Winter arrived with a force in Alaska this year. I think we got 6-8 inches in a matter of two to three days. It's here to stay for sure, it won't get warm up here for months now. I don't really mind the winter so much. What I can't stand is the wind, and by wind I mean 50-60 mph gusts that make me feel like the house is going to collapse and the windows are going to blow in.
Last Thursday the drive needed shoveled and the two Owen's were sleeping. I bundled up Nathan and Lilly and out we went. Last year Lilly hated the snow, she just stood in one spot and cried. This time was a totally different story. She was thrilled to be outside, she loves her gloves and her "ca cake" hat, I figured she throw and fit and take them off. It's so nice to know that as long as it's not windy I can take sent the two of them outside this winter.



 I'm pretty sure Nathan is explaining to Lilly how to eat snow.


Diving in! 


Good stuff!






Lilly was quite impressed with herself after made herself a seat.


Laying in the snow, I may have to get her some bib snow pants. She likes to lay in the snow and a cold belly is not much fun.


Thanks to my friend Beth for taking photos of the kids while I shoveled!

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute in their hats. Maybe it will stop blowing here someday so they can actually go outside again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, thanks for taking those photos Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monster hat Hannah. Glad that it's being used!

    ReplyDelete