Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Adventure Begins...

Yesterday was day one of my first military move. We were up and on the road by 4am. We had to drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles to drop off my Subaru to be shipped to Alaska. I was really nervous about driving to LA. I hate traffic and I usually get very sleepy while driving. But all went well. God certainly answered my prayers and allowed us to not have ANY traffic and I had a book to listen to on my iPod. I wasn't worried at all about getting lost, Mike is incredibly easy to follow. So all went well. We got the Subi dropped off, and she is now beginning her journey on a boat up to Alaska.






Since we were so close to the ocean and since it was only 10am we decided to go on a short detour to the ocean. Lilly was not impressed with the ocean as sheslept the entire time. We did manage to find a small board walk and then a beach and also found our favorite restaurant Rock Bottom. So we stopped for lunch and then went on to the beach to take a few pictures to help document the beginning of our adventure. We also got to see the ship yard where my dear car will be take to begin her journey.






We made it home by 6pm. It was a long day but fun! Glad we made the extra stop.

1 comment:

  1. What an Adventure! I'm glad it is starting out so well! It's a good sign of a smooth move ahead!

    ReplyDelete