Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Date Night!








Mike and I had our first date since Lillian was born on Saturday. My mother in law flew in on Friday and stayed for the weekend. We had planned to go see the Broadway production of the Lion King, but Michael added to the occasion with dinner and hotel reservations. We left at about 3 pm and headed to the show. I was only a little nervous, yes just a little, about leaving Lilly. I made it through the first half of the show only thinking about Lilly every 10 minutes. I checked on them during intermission and everything was fine! I relaxed much better during the second half. It was amazing, the music, the acting, the costumes, everything. I would not however recommend the show to children under 10. It is very intense and loud at times and the hyenas were a bit creepy even to me! We were planning on going back to the house at some point in time to check on Lillian and Nana and so I could drop off more milk. We ended up having dinner earlier than planned and since everything was going ok at home we stayed down on the strip until 11pm just enjoying being adults and being alone. We decided not to stay the night as I was a bit concerned that Lauri would run out of milk for Lil, so we called it a night.
It was great to get out, I am glad that I know I can leave Lilly with a sitter and she will take a bottle and sleep without problems. It is both freeing and sad for me to realize that my little girl doesn't need me nearly as much as I think she does. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment