Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 13...

So it has been 13 days since we moved out of our house in Vegas and started our trip. However 8 of those days were spent in temporary housing in Las Vegas. Tonight we are in Fort Nelson BC Canada, population 7,000. (I think) We only drove about 6 hours today. The drive is getting harder, we are definitely in the mountains. I think tomorrow will be the hardest of all, the maps look to show it with lots of turns and ups and downs. The blazer is leaking in a couple areas, Mike is out getting one of them fixed right now and then has an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. So hopefully we will be on the road before noon and can make it to Watson Lake before dark.
I am nervous all the time. Not sure why exactly. Maybe it's the unknown mixed with the fear of the car breaking again. Mike tells me I shouldn't be worried. Maybe it's that nothing on this trip has gone as planned, guess that shows I shouldn't plan. I am trying to remember that God is in control and He will keep us safe. I pray a lot for safety and peace, and then I pray some more for strength for my husband, and then a little more for peace.
I had no idea that this would be so intimidating to me. It feels worse at night once the sun goes down. Like right now. I have also been sitting in a hotel room for several hours with nothing to do but think about what is going on. Maybe I should find something else to do :-)
Thanks for reading and thanks for prayers. I am only getting through this with Gods help!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment