Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And it's all gone

There were three men that showed up at 8:00 Monday morning and by 2:00 everything we owned was in boxes. I have never seen three guys work so fast. They took everything wrapped it in paper and stuffed it in boxes. Pretty cool. The showed up again today at the same time and by 12:00 they had loaded all of those boxes and other things and a motorcycle into crates on the back of a semi. Now almost all of our belongings are on there way to the west coast somewhere where the will be put on a ferry and taken to Alaska. Then it well be put on a semi and driven to our new home where three men will again show up and tear apart those crates, unpack our boxes and put all of our stuff together and put it where ever I ask them too. What a great service.
Lilly has been a doll through all of this. We have been very busy and going lots of places to say goodbye to people. She has managed to be awake and charming when we needed her to be and has been ready to sleep any chance she got.
I am going to do my best to take photos of our journey and if time allows it I will post about our trip as we go. If not I will have one very very long blog post in 7-10 days.

As a side note. I was told several weeks ago by my mother that my great grandfather Sherman Bolinger and his brother drove the Alcan Highway from Indiana to Alaska the summer it opened just to say that they did it.

Wish us luck as we begin this next great adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment