Monday, February 15, 2010

Lilly's First Food and A Tribute to My Mother and Sister

After speaking with my sister today and realizing that Lilly is 6 months old, Mike and I fed her her first solid food. A mashed up banana. She liked it and understood that the spoon brings food very quickly. I'm certainly going to continue breast feeding and will give her food when we eat. 

I love these pictures of her, as I was watching her eat I realized that her hat was made by me, her bib by her Aunt Lydia and her sweater by Bia. What a lucky little girl!




3 comments:

  1. Yeah for bananas!! Maybe she will sleep all night for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart to start with bananas first, I tried making my own rice cereal out of brown rice....Yuck! It was so mealy and bland, Alan hated it, so much for trying to be one of those super health moms. Bananas were always a fav with Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a milestone when the baby begins to eat solid food! Now it like they are one of the family eating at the table. The babies grow soooo fast even if it does not fell like it some days!
    I love the view out the window!!

    ReplyDelete