Monday, April 26, 2010

Eating

Feeding Lilly is one of my most dreaded daily tasks. She still nurses 4-6 times a day but it's not enough so she gets real food. She loves yogurt and bananas, and re fried beans, those are pretty much a staple and if I'm trying something that she won't eat, mix one of those with other item, i.e. avocado and beans, carrots and yogurt. She eats pretty well, well she did until a couple days ago. It lasted about 2 days, she wouldn't eat, I'd sit her down, get her something she likes sit down, feed her one bite then she would clamp her mouth shut and there was NO getting in. So I'd give up. (I'm not real into force feeding her, I have always thought, "if she's hungry she'll eat.") After a night of her being awake most of the night and me being tired of her constant nursing, I gave her an entire Ritz cracker and if that ever made her happy! So since then, this is how feeding goes, I get her food ready and grab the package of crackers, she gets a cracker in her hand and magically her mouth opens so I shove in a bite. Over and over. She does actually get the cracker to her mouth and manages to "gum" off a piece and does eat it. However, if she drops the cracker, eats it, or feeds it to the dog, she will not open or take another bite until she has another cracker.
I have a feeling I have one very stubborn little girl on my hands.

Breakfast from this morning, peanut butter crackers, blackberry yogurt and banana.  YUM

I am amazed in these photos just how much Lilly looks like Mike!

I LOVE grubby baby hands, especially when they mean that Lilly is feeding herself!


No comments:

Post a Comment