Monday, April 26, 2010

Bike Ride

We, Mike Lilly and I, took the bike out for a spin today. I don't have the rack for Lilly's seat yet so I tied her to me and away we went.  It's 4.7 (according to google maps) from our house to the Post Office, that was the first stop. Then we went and tried out a new mexican restaurant, then another 1/2 mile or so to the coolest park. It has an incredible kids play ground with everything imaginable. It looks like a giant castle, all made out of wood, with swings, and cubby holes, and moving balance beams and boats, motorcycles, and bridges, the list goes on. It's also all fenced in with only one entrance/exit so you can send your kids in and the can't run out the other side. It will be a wonderful place to take the kids to play (if) Lydia visits next summer! From there we went home. The ride home took a bit longer, more up hill and bottom line, my butt hurt, really hurt. I hate bike seats, Mike says that I will get used to it. I don't know, my butt always hurts no matter what kind of seat and yes I have tried many. Oh well I will keep riding as soon as the bruising from this time goes away. Here's a photo outside of the taco place. I wear a helmet against my wishes, one of those things I do to please my husband, I think he wants to keep me around for  bit. (Though he may want to get rid of me after all my grumbling about my sore rear end!)

2 comments:

  1. Aw the helmet isn't that bad, plus just think how cute Lilly will look in her own little helmet (and if she's anything like Alan, she'll insist you wear yours if she has to wear hers) That park sounds awesome by the way, there's one like that in San Antonio near my in-laws and it's the greatest thing ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got a new seat for my bike - it's almost as wide as my rear end, so it looks kind of funny on the mountain bike, but we do what we must. jacob's a little jealous of it. the seat, not my rear end. um. awkward. . . can't wait to see you soon! : )

    ReplyDelete