Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring in Alaska

I know that this is a little our of order but I couldn't help it.

While Lilly and I were in Indiana, Mike did a bit of exploring. Today, he took us to the river where he took Hamilton and then we checked out a park on the way home. It was warm (for Alaska), the sun was shining and we had a wonderful time. Since I left Alaska 2 1/2 weeks ago, spring sprung! I am amazed, more now than before, at the beauty of this place. This morning when I got up, at 5:30 am, the sun was shining and the sky was blue. The aspen trees are green, grass is growing and the combination of this with snow on the mountain peaks, is quite breathtaking at times. I'm lucky to live here.  So here are some photos of our adventure today.




See, green things! Oh how happy it makes me. I need to look up with this is, they are everywhere!

Yes we have dandelions in Alaska!

A happy girl in her back pack, on Daddy's back. 

What a view huh? The drop off about two feet in front of us was pretty intense. 

Hamilton went careening down to chase a couple of ducks. I can't imagine getting in that water, that is snow at the bottom. Brrrrr
I don't have any clue what this is but it looks pretty nasty!

He looks like such a good boy doesn't he? About five minutes after this he chewed through his leash. Guess I will add making a new one to the todo list!

Enjoying the sun!

I love my little girl!

Heading towards the camera, she's getting so fast!

She's tough, already doing push-ups.



1 comment:

  1. What great variety in the photos.
    I feel I am almost there.
    You girls on your tummies is great.
    There is joy all over the faces I see in the pictures!
    Life is good, and I am glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete