Friday, August 14, 2009

Lillian Olivia Hoover







Lillian Olivia Hoover was born August 13 at 7:27 pm. She weighed a whopping 9lbs 60z and was 21 1/4 in long. She is happy and healthy and a true miracle. Following is the story of her arrival.


I woke up around 4 am feeling a little funny. I had been having contractions on and off for a few weeks though they had gotten a little more intense the beginning of this week. I tried not to get too excited as she was 5 days late already. So contractions started at 4, I tried to go back to sleep but didn't have much luck, they were getting more intense but they never got into a steady pattern. I made a chocolate cake and fruit slush and cleaned up the kitchen. It was about 7am by now. I let Mike know what was going on and told him to sleep some more. I think it was around 8 when I called my doula and midwife to let them know what was happening. My midwife came over around 9:30 and checked me, I was 4 cm, this was definitely labor. My in-laws were in town and we had plans to meet them for lunch she told me to go. By 10:30 my contractions were strong enough that I didn't feel like going. Mike went and told them what was going on. I called my doula and had her come over, she stayed with me while Mike was gone. Mike came back and my in-laws stopped by for a few minutes and then they all left again. (last minute errands) Things really picked up while they were gone and I called Mike and told him to come home. We filled up the birth tub and from then on I worked on delivering. Mike was great! I tried lots of positions and he supported me through everything. My doula was so helpful, just being here and updating my midwife. Contractions got closer and harder and my team helped me through them. My midwife showed up, and told me I was 6 or 7 cm. I got in the tub, it was amazingly helpful. I got out once and new that I had to get back in and stayed in. I spent about an hour pushing, was feeling like I couldn't do much more, they had me change positions and that's when I felt its head with my hand. I grabbed Mike's hand and made him feel its head. What an encouragement that was! Baby was almost here, just a little more and that's all it took. I reached down into the water and brought my baby straight to me. No other hands, no one took my baby or even touched it, and after 9 months of waiting and 10-12 hours of labor and an hour of pushing I had a baby GIRL! I did it! I felt every contraction every movement every part of giving birth to my little girl. She was perfect! She was very alert and awake, her eyes opened and she looked around. She cried a little but was mostly calm and relaxed. I called my mom and told her. Mike cut the cord and we both made more calls. So happy! I took a shower and then got in bed and enjoyed some much deserved chocolate cake and a few sips of champagne, nursed my baby and went to sleep. Some where during this, they weighed and measured and did all of that stuff. Lillian never once left my sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment