Monday, March 29, 2010

It has been warm, well warmer here the past week or so, by warm I mean 40's.  Much of the snow has melted so I thought a hike would be nice this morning. Well it was a little snowier than we though and real boots instead of tennis shoes would have been nice but we still had fun. It was a bit cloudy but the thermometer on the car said about 46. We went to Lake Lucille Park, about 10 miles from where we live. I picked this specifically because I didn't want anything too strenuous, and Mike usually picks trails that take all the fun out of being outside. ( I know he doesn't do this intentionally, we just have different ideas of hiking)  We were only gone for about an hour, couldn't do much exploring due to all the snow but it was nice to be outside. Lilly and I got to try out her back pack from Nana, we both decided that it's a keeper. I'm glad we have it, it will make exploring and hiking so much more fun this summer.






I also finished my first knitted sweater last night. So here it is on Miss Lilly. I am quite proud of myself and know consider myself a true knitter. It was fun and I will do more things. I'm not nearly as afraid to tackle a pattern. As Mom says, 1 step at a time, it doesn't matter what step 7 is until you get there and you have to do 1-6 first. She's right, and as she also says, step 7 usually makes sense by the time you get there.




I had to add this one to show that she is learning to crawl, she spends lots of time on her knees.


And this one, well I just though it was cute, she's enjoying real food and ate almost an entire pumpkin pancake after nursing this morning. Piggy Piggy :-)

3 comments:

  1. Alan and I both LOVE our backpack, he sees it in the closet and wants to sit in it, even if it's just on the floor, or I carry him around the house. LOL. The sweater is great and I love the last picture of Lilly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your first sweater it is nice!
    I am glad to see the backpack is of use to you. Michael spent a lot of time in our pack as did all his siblings!
    Lilly is soon to be "on her way" I think...everywhere and anywhere she wants to go! So cute.
    What great country to hike about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as a button, that kid.
    And the sweater you made looks great.
    Nice color choices.

    One step forward for you in knitting, and one giant scooch forward for Lilly in her pursuit of mobility... happy day.

    ReplyDelete