Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quiet Snowy Morning

It's 7:40 am, we (Lilly and I) got up for the last time about an hour ago. I say last time as she was up four times during the night. It's snowing, AGAIN. Yuck, I'm tired of it but the locals say it doesn't get warm until May-ish.  Mike is at work, for the first time since Friday, he has a promotion test today and I'm praying that it goes well.

I'm sitting here at my little desk, eating my breakfast of hot chocolate (my one vice for the day, I'm on day three of no sweets) and home made wheat bread toast. Lilly is eating dry cherrios, well more like half eating half choking on them, they are a first for her. Hamilton is near by ready to catch any of the escapees.  I am pondering all of the things I need to do today, bathrooms need cleaned, laundry, floors need vacuumed, and I really really should go to the commissary. Yuck, driving 45 minutes to go grocery shopping. Not what I want to do today and besides it's snowing and come on now I have at least 4 chicken breasts in the freezer and a pantry full of canned goods, as well as two days worth of leftovers and cornbread from last night. I think I may just stay home. Well maybe just for the morning. We'll see. What I really want to do today is knit and sew, but you see that's what I've been doing the last 4 days and that is why my house is a mess. That and the fact that Mike was home for four days and I have a hard time getting anything done when he is home. Oh well

Things here are coming along nicely. We are getting used to Alaska and liking it for the most part. I have made some friends, more friends in six weeks than in the two and a half years we lived in Vegas. All of them are Mom's and all with more experience than I. It's fun, we meet up usually once a week at an organized group for Mom's and then there is usually something every other weekend for Mom's with or without their kids. Mike is great about watching Lilly on those nights so I can go enjoy the company of other women with out a squirmy little on my lap.

Oh as for the house, we got new living room furniture last week, it's wonderful though it's a little too inviting, I find myself spending a little more time there than I should. I am also almost done with the living room drapes. I think ones for our room and Lilly's room are next. I will have to figure out how to make them "light proof" "blackout" I believe is the proper term. It's still light at 7:00 when Lilly goes to bed, she does ok with it now but it will get harder as she gets older I am sure.

Well I had better go shower and put on my "war paint" as my mother calls it and then get busy, even if that means knitting for an hour.

Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment