Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The weekend

Well this weekend held a lot for us. Mike's birthday was Sunday but we celebrated early with presents (new clothes and a new air compressor) on Friday and a trip to Anchorage for lunch (sushi) and shopping. Part of our shopping trip included a couple gun stores. Mike has really wanted me to have a pistol for a while now and since we do live in "The Last Frontire" he decided that now was a good time. We looked at a couple places and finally found one I like. A Walther PK380. We were planning on buying it on Saturday but had to have Mike's orders so we went back Sunday. So here's my pretty new gun.


I held lots and lots of guns, both the gun salesmen that we talked to said if I was their wife they'd want me to carry a 9mm but I didn't like the way any of them felt. So I got what felt good to me. I can't wait to go shoot. I also go Mike a range membership for his birthday and got myself one too as I knew he'd want me to go with him. 

Mike asked me to make him a blueberry cheesecake for his birthday. After two trips (for Mike) to Walmart to get enough cream cheese. This is how it turned out. 

Yes it tastes as good as it looks, especially 2 days later. I think I am going to cut it up and take it to mom's group with me on Thursday. 

All in all I think all of us had a pretty good weekend. The last full weekend for us for a while. Mike switched to swing shift 3pm-11pm today. He leaves around noon so he can go to the gym before work. Hopefully he will get home before midnight. He also starts two classes this week. One being on line and the other from 9-1 Saturday mornings in Anchorage. Fortunately the one in Anchorage is only 5 or 6 weeks long. To save on gas, I am going to start going to Anchorage on Saturdays to do errands and grocery shopping. Means a weekly visit to the knitting store for me! Yahoo!

Lilly also started sleeping through the night this weekend. Wow, do I feel a thousand times better! Sometimes I wake her before I go to bed and nurse her, other times I don't. She's become quite mobile too. She's not crawling, more scooting on her belly, pulling with her arms and pushing with her feet. If she's determined enough she'll scoot all the way across a room. She's a a constant source of entertainment for us. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice choice for a gun! My Dad had a Walther in his collection, I am not sure who has it.
    Weekly visits to the city and the knitting store could be "FUN"! And for Mike to not feel he is leaving the family, what a good idea to make it a family affair! Smart! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete