Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Morning


Just a few photos from this morning.

Yes they already are buddies I think.



Lilly was fussing and I was trying to make her something to eat, this spot will keep her quiet for a few minutes at least. 

Lilly loves to eat! Cream of wheat with strawberry yogurt seems to be a favorite. I like having Mike home in the mornings. He's such a help. Guess it means that I get to do bed time by myself. Oh well. One or the other I suppose. 

I have been looking for a whisk like this for ages, ever since I saw one at Martha's years and years ago, I use it every morning when I make Lilly's snack, most of the time I have to dig out of the dishwasher or dirty sink. Well worth the 7$.
Two of my favorite mugs, cofee or tea or hot chocolate is a pretty normal thing in this house. Mugs courtesy of the very talented Mr. Gary Neiter (red) and the talented and lovely Audrey Felger (www.backcreekpottery.com)

And last but not least. I have been meaning to capture this in photos and didn't remember until today. This is how Lilly goes to sleep. Every time.




I put her in her bed like this. Almost always awake. Please note the blanket above her head. It is a must have it can be any of the 10 she has that I made her, as long as there is a satin binding on it. Within a few short seconds she does this.



Yes she covers her head up. I'm not kidding, every time, won't sleep without it. Am I a bad Mom for letting her do this? She doesn't move much and can totally pull this off her head. 



See the hand, proof that she really is there. :-) 


3 comments:

  1. I love the blanket on her head. I'd let mine do it. Strange. Does she keep the blanket on her head all night? Nice that she goes to bed awake and falls asleep on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she is a little strange. The blanket is there when I got to check on her, she pulls it off when she wakes up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she is trying to keep her nose warm in cold Alaska!
    Our children, especially when young, usually will make us wonder about ourselves as parents or why they are so silly at times! Each child is so unique! Enjoy it as I cannot see it hurting anyone.
    You are lucky she will go to sleep when put in her crib awake! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete